Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Busy But At Peace







The more times that I go through hectic weeks, the more I see that there really is no need to worry because God is in control.  This week, I have three tests and two projects to accomplish, but God has given and will continue to give me the strength to study hard to prepare for them.  I find that the more difficult things God allows me to go through, the more I can really appreciate His love, the more I learn to be more like Christ, and the more I learn to love Him in return.  One of my favorite verses during difficult times is the following:

Proverbs 3:5-6   "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I was able to take a nice break from all the work by striking set for the play I was just in (The Pirates of Penzance).  We completed the task and had everything cleaned up within two hours.  Looking back at my experience in the play, it was not the play itself that made all the rehearsals and performances so much fun.  What made it so much fun was all the great people at the play.  I made new friends and got to know old friends better.  I thank God for all the people I got to know through the play! :)

I have had the opportunity to perform in the last two plays put on by Fine Linen Drama.  In the first one, which took place during the spring 08, I played the character Pike in the play the Prince and the Pauper.


Me as the villainous character Pike!

In the play the Pirates of Penzance, I had the pleasure of playing a not-so-fierce pirate under the mighty Pirate King, Joel.
 
I also got the pleasure of being one of the not-so-brave policemen.  The pretty lady next to me is my mom! :)

3 comments:

  1. So cool David. I didn't know you had a blog! Of course, I never asked either... :P
    So you like English Country Line dancing? Have you come to the ones that Kimberly Hall does in Salem and sometimes Rolla? I don't think I remember ever seeing you at them...
    There's a dance this Saturday at the Lutheran gym in Rolla for 4 dollars per person. It starts at 6 I"m pretty sure. Then there's another on the 23rd of May at the Salem Commons that starts at 6 and costs a dollar.
    You really should come if you're able! It would be so much fun to have another familiar face there! :D

    Blessins!

    Alyssa McCluskey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may come if I am able. If I decide to come, where is the Lutheran gym and what type of attire is appropriate? I have not made it to any of the dances yet. I learned some ECD at the homeschool Reunion. It was fun!

    The reason why you did not know that I had a blog is that I just created it a few days ago. :D

    God bless!
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom is VERY beautiful David.:) It's a very good picture too. My mama had such a good time talking to her!!

    I really like your blog. I'll enjoy checking it and leaving comments;)!!

    Yes, you should come to the Line Dances. They are lots of fun. Maybe see you soon??

    megan

    ReplyDelete