Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ha Ha Tonka


Last Friday, my three brothers and I joined a group of guys and went camping down at Ha Ha Tonka State Park. The first night, we cooked hot dogs and hamburgers and roasted marshmallows around the fire.

When everyone was finished eating, Carl and I and next Mark and I played the guitar while everyone sang. Afterward, we all went for a night walk and explored the road. It was neat to walk and talk in nearly complete darkness except for a few flashlights. Oddly enough, all across the road, there were glowing insects (larva or worms or something).

It was so pretty there. There was a spring with green-blue water. There were also many places to climb. There were hundreds of steps climbing here and there.

We found a natural bridge that you could drive a truck under. We all climbed on top of the bridge.


My brothers, Michael and Daniel, came and had a great time! They have always loved camp-outs!
Here we are driving back to our camp site after a long hike.

We had to hike around this canyon in order to reach the castle. Here we are on the other side looking across.


It was long hike and everyone was tired, but it was a lot of fun!

Visiting the castle was a neat experience, but it was also sort of ironic. As we approached the castle, we kept seeing couples coming down. We wondered just how many couples got engaged here. They all jokingly warned me to not go and see the castle! I just told them that I was taken already! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! Thanks for posting... I especially like the one of you guys playing guitar.
    You know you're my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete