Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Christmas Break


Over Christmas break, Matt and I went back to St. Louis to spend several weeks with my family! It was nice to be able to relax for an extended period of time.

For Christmas Eve, our family went over to our Grandma's house with all the cousins on my dad's side.


We had a nice meal, played card games, and talked. It was a special time.

At one point in the evening, we all gathered around the piano to sing Christmas carols. Several of us took turns playing while everyone sang. There were probably 40 people for the get-together.


We decided to have some fun and do some four-man pushups. I think our uncle filmed us.


We played several rounds of spoons.

After Christmas, Matthew, Michael, Daniel, our cousin Timmy, and I played a game of Axis and Allies. Fortunately, it was not as long as the 12 hour game that we played before.



Matt took some time out to do a little sewing. Michael or Daniel thought that it looked funny and decided to take some pictures of him.



Michael likes photography and decided to take some pictures of the coals of our fire. I thought that they looked neat!



3 comments:

  1. David,
    thanks for posting:) Looks like you all had a really great time. Tell Matt I think It's awesome that he sews:) That's a really neat picture of you playing the piano! I am learning and trying to memorize Fur Elise right now--it's really fun;) And I'm also learning a really pretty song called Dawn. I would love to play it for you sometime when it's done. See you at practice!! Tell your family I say hi;)

    meggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey David,

    It's nice to see a post on you're blog again. :)
    I want to let you know that I'm praying for you right now. God's blessings to you. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing? Ha! I'm a girl and I don't like sewing!!!
    ~Alli

    ReplyDelete