Sunday, July 5, 2009

Haying!!!

Friday, June 26
My parents, two younger brothers, and I all got to join the McCluckeys at their house for a fun day of "haying"!!! The night began with people gathering at their house and talking and having fun. In the McCluskey's living room, Matthew Beaty instructed Megan (it was filmed) as to the finer points of wisdom on getting others to like you! ;)

There were lots of people there who all had a great time!

Here are my little, and yes they still are shorter than me by a little, brothers. Michael (left) is 17 and Daniel (right) is 15. They were a big help in the haying and had a blast!!

I was determined to take as many photos as I could that night. I could have posted the funny one of Megan and I, but I thought that she would not want me! :) I will add it later if she wants me to post it!

So many people mistake Josh and I as either brothers or cousins. But then again, I have been told that I look like a lot of different people!

A very nice picture of Matt and Stephanie!

Zeke chilling out on the deck.

Mrs. Hamacher keeping vigil over two of her sons.

No, this is not Joel's son, this little fellow belongs to Andy!

My mom and Mrs. Riefer were able to have a good talk in the McCluskey's kitchen.

It is funny how small is all so relative! Small to one person is not so small to another!

Some recipients of the dreaded picture taking were quite stunned, like Chris here! :)

Here is my dad, Jim. My parents are the best in the whole world. They have been such a blessing to me. I thank God for the privilege of growing up with Christian parents!!

I really liked this shot I took of Jenny! The lighting on her hair is perfect!

Though most older people preferred not to "die twice" (according to them ultimate frisbee was one death and haying was another because of the intense heat), some of us younger people got in some playing time.

I came in late to the game because I was enjoying a great conversation!

Ashley and Megan took control of my brother's camera while we were working. I like the lighting contrasts on this one!

Talk about posing for a picture! This looks like the cover for an album or CD!

Some of the girls and younger people rode on four wheelers and brought us guys water and gatoraid! Thanks, girls!!

Another really nice picture!

And another!

My parents really enjoyed themselves. They hit it off very well with Mr. and Mrs. Riefer and the McCluskeys and the other people at the party!

We piled the wagons really high! Once in a while, if we piled them too high, some of the bales would fall off!

Here Daniel is organizing the bales as fast as he can, so we can take the bales and pile them in the loft of the barn. After we finished haying, the girls bombarded us with water balloons and dumped water on us. :D Everyone was soaked to the skin! It was a blast!!!

Here is what we looked like soaked. Some people even took out the hose and sprayed people! Some people really enjoyed getting wet! Others got wet by "accident"!! ;) It is always so sad when this happens!


When everyone had cleaned up and had eaten some delicious pies and desserts, many people gathered around the piano to sing while Mr. McCluskey played. We had several people sing and play the guitar to accompany him.

I know the pictures are reversed, but we next gathered around in a circle to play the guitar and sing.

It was a great night that I hope to remember forever!! There was a sense of victory when Matthew Beaty and I through up the very last hay bale into the loft! What a neat memory!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting David!! What a great evening. I am so happy your family was able to come.I don't really mind what picture you post of me,David, especially now that I have that great advise from Matthew--I'm still a little mad at you for saying no:)lol, JK.
    The water fight was definitely one to remember--tell Michael I'll get him back for soakin me so bad!!:)

    meggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures were fun to look at! We really made some good memories. Can't wait to do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete