Sunday, July 5, 2009

Visit to Salem

Wednesday, June 17
Joel, Carl, Mark, and I decided to take a bike ride out 72 to go to Salem.  It turned out to be an eventful ride!  Here we are preparing to set out from behind to brand new and famed Walgreens!  I got some peanuts as some power food for the ride. 

About five miles out of town, the group stopped at a small stream flowing by to cool off for a short time.  Knowing that the tread on my back tire was low, I did not ride my bike all the way down to the stream but decided to walk down.  Here Mark is cooling off in the stream.  I got him unsuspecting! ;)  When we got back on the road, my tire was flat with a shard of rock that was almost like glass in sharpness.  Nathan Hickle was nice enough to drop off another bike and pick mine up in his truck!  You're the best, Nathan!!!  We still owe you ice cream!  :)

The ride to Salem was more tiring for me than it should have been.  I guess I was worn out from all the work and little sleep that I had been having for the last week prior!  We finally made it to Salem!


Carl, Mark, Joel and I stopped at Burger King at the end of our ride.  Carl had a trip gauge on his bike.  We went an average of 14 miles per hour and officially reached our 30 mile mark at a mortuary in Salem.  This was to save costs for us when we dropped dead from our ride!  :)  Dave Eldredge and Noah Cohen picked us up from Salem in Dave's truck and took us back.




No comments:

Post a Comment