Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rejoice In The Lord


Rejoice In The Lord
by Ron Hamilton

C                 Am                    F                  G
God never moves without purpose or plan
          C                 Am                  F               G
When trying His servant and molding a man.
         C                    Am                         F                       G
Give thanks to the Lord though your testing seems long;
F                     G          C
In darkness He giveth a song.

(Chorus)
C                  Am
O rejoice in the Lord,
F                    G
He makes no mistake.
C                     Am                F                G7
He knoweth the end of each path that I take.
          Am             Em           F      Dm
For when I am tried and purified,
C                       F             C
I shall come forth as gold.

I could not see through the shadows ahead;
So I looked at the cross of my Savior instead.
I bowed to the will of the Master that day;
Then Peace came and tears fled away.

(Chorus)

Now I can see testing comes from above;
God strengthens His children and purges in love.
My Father knows best, and I trust in His care;
Through purging more fruit I will bear.

3 comments:

  1. Did you write that song David?? It's beautiful.

    Nice picture too:) When was it taken?

    meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I did not write this song, but I wish that I did. :) Ron Hamilton, often called Patch the Pirate, wrote this song. I just play it. The picture was taken in Bagdad, Kentucky a day or two before I broke my wrist! So many homeschoolers are musicians, and I was able to play with them at the Homeschool Reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song! I forgot the name of it so I couldn't find it. Thanks for posting it! I just finished playing/singing it off your blog.

    Carl

    ReplyDelete